Laser Particle Size Distribution Analysis
Laser particle size distribution analysis (LPSA) is a highly efficient, extremely rapid, very precise optical sieve technique method for particle size analysis. CMI laboratories uses the Microtrac S-3500 system and software for its data acquisition with applications such as:
• Graphical representation of the particle distribution based on a variety of physical characteristics, including volume and surface area.
• Data reported in both Micron and US Mesh scales
• For “sand control”, the screen and gravel sizes can be selected based on laser data obtained from the analysis of sidewall core, conventional core, or drill cuttings samples.
• Monitoring of active drilling mud particle size distribution.
• Monitoring the efficiency of a water treatment vessel by comparing the particle size data of an inlet sample versus an outlet sample.
• Selecting proper filter sizes for water disposal wells or water flooding projects.
• Quality control of oil field products or other industrial products